Who We Are
Take Action Anne Arundel County (Take Action AAC) is a grassroots, progressive organization that fights for social, racial, economic, and environmental justice in our county and beyond. We support and encourage progressive candidates and legislation; we work to involve the people of our county in the legislative process, and we help the people of Anne Arundel County find and use their voice.
What We Do
In 2019, we are focused on three strategies:
- Building relationship based power and influence in Anne Arundel County
- Advocating for state and local legislation that puts people and planet first
- Working with candidates who share our progressive values.
Where We Meet
Our monthly meetings are held at the Edgewater Community Library at 7 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month. The agenda of each month's meeting depends on current events, but the following topics are reviewed at each meeting:
- Relevant issues of interest to our members
- County and state legislation
- Progressive candidates to encourage and support
- Event planning and coordination
- Partners and coalitions, their activities and events